Thursday, September 25, 2008

Get Fit and Feel Great!!!

My blog readers know that I typically stay close to the subject of real estate and how to maximize your profits on it. Today, however, I'm going to focus on a local business that has truly made an impact on my life. MaretHouse Fitness is housed inside Aggieland Fitness Dome right off of Highway 6 between Graham Road and Barron Road. David MaretHouse has been a client and a friend for a few years since he moved here from New Orleans where Hurricane Katrina destroyed his neighborhood and home. I always knew that David had to be a great personal trainer...he has a great sense of humor (of paramont importance...for anyone who knows me) and he is DEFINATELY fit! Did I go and see him though? Well, there was always an excuse!

Six short weeks ago I went into the Dome to get Davids signatures on his own personal home for sale (see his gorgeous home on 5 acres in featured properties). I walked out with a precious gift. The gift of fitness. I saw the sign up sheets for MaretHouse fitness camps and thought "hmm...I'll ask him about it".

My first question, since this is Aggieland, and we have a predominance of young, beautiful people is "will I be out of place?" David assured me that he has people of all ages in his fitness camps and that someone on the "wrong side" of 40 wouldn't be out of place.

My second question was "do I have to be a member of the Dome to be in your camp?" Absolutely not, was the answer. Though Dome membership may be beneficial and they have a free 14 day trial run, it isn't necessary to be a member to be part of the fitness camp. (I still am not a member of the Dome).

My third question was "what if I'm not available during the time when the fitness camp is held?" Well, with 7 different times of the day and the ability to go to different ones if your schedule gets bogged down that objection was countered.

The fourth and most important question was "OK, Sounds good....but what's the price?" I was surprised, for the six week period the price was only $180. That works out to a slim $10 per workout.

That was 6 short weeks ago and I'm so happy I signed up! I'm trimmer, more energetic and happier with the way I feel. It's time to renew, and guess what? I did!!!!!!! I can say that, by far, my experience with MaretHouse has been the best fitness experience I've ever had! I've done personal training, group classes, semi private training, circuit training...this takes the cake! It's fun and a great group and you can feel the progress week to week.

Here are the details. The 5o minute classes are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. They begin September 29th and end November 7th. The times are 6 am, 8 am 9 am 4 pm, 5 pm 6 pm and 7 pm. They consist of circuit style training, outdoor running and plyometric drills (OK, I don't know what it is but it's fun :) The classes are geared for weight loss, toning and body sculpting.

Of course, David and group also offer excellent one on one personal training. The fitness camps get my vote though! Convenient, fun and refreshing this is the best way I've ever found to get fit and stay fit.

For more details call David at (979)574-3124 or visit http://www.Marethouse.com. You'll be glad you did. See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This class sounds like so much fun I am usually at one of the gyms in College Station, but I want to try this as well.